During TPAC, Lachlan caught up with Ian Hickson (Hixie), editor of the HTML 5 specification. Hixie discusses the tools he uses to gather and respond to feedback, which is fundamental to the open development of the standard. Hixie clarifies the whole “when will HTML5 be ready?!” thing and gives us some details about what part of the spec he is working on now.
The YouTube video Ian mentions showing off HTML5 features in today’s cutting-edge browsers:
Ways you can track editorial changes to HTML5:
- Twitter messages (non-editorial changes only): twitter.com/WHATWG
- Commit-Watchers mailing list: lists.whatwg.org/listinfo.cgi/commit-watchers-whatwg.org
- Interactive Web interface: html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker
- twitter.com/whatwg (light)
- twitter.com/html5 (all editorial changes)